Mr W Mpandawana
General Manager Discipline
The Discipline Agency is mandated to cover the following areas, among others:
- Analyse and submit for the Commission’s consideration requests for review by aggrieved members service wide.
- Provide liaison and advisory services to all Ministries and Departments, other agencies and members of the
Public Service on issues relating to discipline.
- Assist other Agencies and Ministries with the correct interpretation of the disciplinary procedures.
- Analyse and submit for the Commission’s consideration reported cases of alleged misconduct or improper conduct by
Senior Grade members in the service .
- Analyse and submit for the Commission’s consideration alleged misconduct involving junior and middle grade members,
where the Commission has declared itself the Disciplinary Authority.
- Identify and recommend members for appointment to the Disciplinary Committees, Boards of Inquiry and to investigate
cases on behalf of the Commission.
- Present papers and conduct training at workshops to capacitate Disciplinary Authorities and their personnel on discipline
- Draft circulars and general letters on matters relating to discipline/ misconduct cases as directed by the Commission.
- Recommend amendments or review of disciplinary procedures to the Public Service Commission.
- Monitor the implementation of the Commission’s decisions by Ministries and Departments.
- Prepare and circulate monthly and annual reports highlighting activities carried out.
- Analyse monthly misconduct returns from Ministries and Departments.