The Salary Service Bureau is the Public Service pay point, through which employees in the Public Service get their remuneration.
- Processing of salaries and allowances for all personnel employed in Government Ministries, Members of Parliament, the Judiciary,
Uniformed Forces (excluding Zimbabwe National Army), Constitutional Appointees and Boards/Commissions.
- Transfer of net salaries into individual bank accounts.
- Processing advancements/promotions, re-gradings, transfers and terminations.
- Processing statutory deductions (PAYE, pension contributions, Aids levy, NSSA, Court orders)
- Processing of voluntary deductions such as insurance premiums, housing loans, medical aid contributions and staff association
- Processing and maintaining personnel records such as leave and method of pay.
- Processing and dispatching Pension Forms to the Pensions Office.
- Printing and distributing pay sheets and payslips to Government Ministries/Departments.
- Reconciling, printing and distributing wage bill data to Treasury and all Accounting Officers every month.
- Producing and dispatching income Tax Certificates upon request.
- Providing statistical information to stakeholders upon request.
- Remitting income tax to ZIMRA