Chinhoyi Institute of Manpower Planning and Development is under the Public Service Commission. It was officially opened by the late Vice President of the Republic of Zimbabwe, the Honorable Cde S.V Muzenda on 24 August 1988. The Institute is situated approximately 500m off the Harare-Chirundu highway next to Chinhoyi University of Technology in Chinhoyi, the provincial capital of Mashonaland West.
A center of excellence in training and development in Mashonaland West Province by 2023.
To promote best practices and excellent performance in the Public Service in Mashonaland West Province through research, quality training and consultancy.
The Institute has the following facilities:
- A Hall with a capacity of 300 people
- Computer lab with a capacity of 25 people
- Flipchart Stands
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Air Conditioned Conference Rooms
- Catering Facilities
- Hostel Accommodation
- Library Services
- Fully subscribed DSTV
- Safe and secure Parking with a Capacity of 80 cars at a time
- A Generator for power supply back up
Courses on Offer
- Community Development
- Programme Based Budgeting
- Finance for Non –Financial Managers
- Local Government Training
- Public Service Regulations
- Effective Communication Skills
- Disaster Preparedness and Management
- Training of Trainers
- Public Relations
- Customer Care
- Induction into the Public Service
- Management Development 1 & 11
- Supervisory Managements
- Introduction to Basic Computer Skills
- Project Planning and Management
- Integrated Results-Based Management.
- Training for Retirement
- Procurement Procedures
- Results-Based Leadership
- Government Accounting 1, 2 & 3
Current trends in the Human resource field demands that any intervention should be based on a clear understanding of the organization and its people and the challenges thereto, hence the Consultancy strategy is there to ensure interventions are premised on real and relevant needs of the client. The above courses will be tailor made to suit specific client needs.
P BAG 7715, CHINHOYI
Sat – Sun: closed