The Institute was established in 1929 to equip public servants with requisite skills, knowledge and attitudes that would ensure high quality performance and service delivery in the Public Service. In 1964, the Institute was moved to the Governor’s residence at the corner of Enterprise and Glenara Road in Highlands. In 1999 the Institute was moved to its present home at the Education Service Centre in Mount Pleasant.
The leader in continuous Public Service training.
To provide competence-based training to public servants in mandatory courses.
The Institute has the following facilities:
- Projectors & Screens
- T.V and V.C.R.
- Flipchart Stands
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Conference Rooms
- Catering Facilities
- Hostel Accommodation
- Library Services.
Courses on Offer
- Public Sector Accounting 1 – 3
- Costing Accounting
- Finance for Non –Financial Managers
- Records and Information Management
- Records Classifiers
- Records and Information Procedures
- Executive Secretarial Courses
- Public Sector Office Procedures
- Public Service Personnel Procedures
- Train of Trainers
- Management Development 1 & 11
- Team Building
- Receptionist Skills
- Change Management
- Strategic Management
- Stores Management
- RBM (PPS And RBB)
P. BAG 7222, HIGHLANDS, HARARE
Sat – Sun: closed