Senga Institute is one of the thirteen (13) Public Service Commission multi-purposes Institution that was started in 1975: It was officially opened at the new site opposite Midlands State University on the 23rd of January 1986. The Institute lies eight (8) km from the Central Business District of Gweru along Senga Road. Currently it provides a wide range of Training Programmes in Management, Human Resources, Reform initiatives and Community Development Studies among others to Government Ministries Departments and Public Sector organisations.
To be the leading provider of quality Human Resources Training and Development to both public and private Sector organizations in the Midlands Province and beyond.
To provide client focused Human Resource Planning and Development to Public and Private Sector organisations with the view of enhancing service delivery.
- Conducting client needs identification
- Review and update courses to be in sink with identified client needs.
- Efficient and effective service delivery
- Stay ahead of the competition
Training Personnel is highly qualified, experienced, versatile with post graduate degree qualifications.
The Institute employs participatory, practical, job related and research oriented training methodologies.
Target population comprise of Public Sector employees, Local authorities and parastatals including those in the informal sector.
The Institute has the following facilities:
- Projectors & Screens
- T.V and V.C.R.
- Flipchart Stands
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Conference Rooms – 300 delegates
- Catering Facilities
- Hostel Accommodation
- Library Services
- Wedding Facilities – 400 guests
Courses on Offer
- Community Development
- Programme Based Budgeting
- Finance for Non –Financial Managers
- Local Government Training
- Public Service Regulations
- Effective Communication Skills
- Results Based Personnel Performance Systems
- Training of Trainers
- Public Relations
- Customer Care
- Management Development 1 & 11
- Supervisory Managements
- Gender and Development
- Project Planning and Management
- Integrated Results Based Management.
- Training for Retirement
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Results Based Leadership
- Conflict Transformation
P.O. Box 1196, GWERU
Sat – Sun: closed