Rowa Institute is a Zimbabwe Government training center under the Public Service Commission. It falls under the Conditions of Service Agency. It opened its doors in 1976 to offer short courses to Government Departments, Private Sector Organizations and other Development Partners. The courses aim to create and sustain a culture of excellence in service delivery.
The Institute strives to:
- Carryout Training Needs Assessment (TNAs) to identify specific competencies that need to be developed.
- Research and develop customer-driven courses to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery.
- Monitor and evaluate courses for members of the Public service
- Provide training consultancy.
- Provide training facilities, accommodation and catering services to public and private organisations.
The Institute has the following facilities:
- Projectors & Screens
- T.V and V.C.R.
- Flipchart Stands
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Conference Rooms
- Catering Facilities
- Hostel Accommodation
- Library Services
Courses on Offer
- Computer Appreciation
- Public Secor Office Procedures 1 & 2
- Personnel Procedures 1 & 11
- Results Based Management
- Induction into the Public Service
- Management Development 1 & 2
- Effective Communication
- Project Planning and Management
- Training of Trainers
- Community Development
- Client Care and Public Relations
Besides the short courses above, Rowa Institute also offers tailor-made courses to meet specific needs of clients. The short courses can either be conducted at Rowa Institute’s disturbance–free environment or any other venue most convenient to the clients. The charges for Rowa’s facilities compare favorably on the training function market.
P.O. Box 718, MUTARE
Sat – Sun: closed