Domboshava Institute of Manpower Planning and Development was established in 1920 when the then Surveyor-General, Arthestone surveyed the farm site on the 19th of May of the same year. It started as an industrial school for young African boys to what it is now. It offers now market-driven long duration programmes in Local Government, Administration, Community Development and Public Sector Accounting as well as short duration courses. It is situated 30 km from Harare along the Borrowdale/Domboshava Road and 3 km West of Mverechena Growth Point.
Centre of excellence in training, development and consultancy to the Public Sector.
To provide quality client-focused training, development and consultancy to the Public Sector.
The Institute has the following facilities:
- Projectors & Screens
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Conference Rooms
- Catering Facilities
- Hostel Accommodation
- Library Services
Courses on Offer
- Diploma in Community Development
- Diploma in Local Government Administration
- Certificate in Co-operative Management & Development
- Diploma in Public Sector Accounting (SAAA)
- Higher Diploma in Accountancy (SAAA)
- Local Government Training
- Public Service Regulations
- Effective Communication Skills
- Results Based Personnel Performance Systems
- Training of Trainers
- Public Relations
- Customer Care
- Management Development 1 & 11
- Supervisory Managements
- Project Planning and Management
- Integrated Results Based Management.
- Training for Retirement
- Report Writing
- Results Based Leadership
- Conflict Transformation
P. BAG CY 7746, CAUSEWAY, HARARE
Sat – Sun: closed